Monday, April 29, 2019

Heartbroken


                                                             image:pexels.com
 I did something wrong and I don't know how to fix it. I have a very good friend who is dating a guy I liked for years. She knew I had a crush on him, but when he started showing interest in her, she couldn't resist and started seeing him. For many months, it made me sick to see them all lovey- dovey  together , but I tried to be mature about it and remained her friend. I was almost beginning to think I was over him, when one day , after a party, when he was dropping me home after he had just dropped her off, he kissed me. We were both a little intoxicated, but I knew what I was doing. I felt all my old feelings him rush back and I responded so passionately , we ended up in bed together. The next day he sent me a text apologizing for what happened and begging me not to tell my friend. I was heartbroken but I maintained my silence because I was  ashamed of what had happened. Now, when he sees me he acts like nothing ever happened , even when we are alone. We never spoke about it but I am madly in love with him. His relationship with my friend seems to even stronger after this incident and it kills me to see this. What should I do?
Riding Towards Freedom
                                                              image:pexels.com
I have I went to Dhorla bridge a couple days ago to spend a holiday afternoon on the bank of the river.  The place is a favourite among the people of... for its natural beauty . As I went for a walk along the river, I could feel the cool breeze on my face and felt very elated. There is a large field near the river bank. Children were playing cricket and football on the field. Grownups were also tempted to take part in a sport.

After walking a little further, I saw a couple with a child on a motor bike. They pulled over at a corner of the field and the man was showing his wife some techniques and a few useful tips on riding the bike. I was impressed to see that the woman was quick learner . The child was particularly ecstatic to see her mother riding the bike. What fascinated me most about the whole scene was the glowing confidence of the woman. It also made me wonder if women in other regions of the country would be allowed to ride like that.
Desperate
                                                                image:pexels.com
I have a strong  problem. I am turning 32 this year and I am dying to get married and have children. I think I am pretty good looking woman, but even though many men interested to flirt with me and take me out, not one of them want to get serious. In fact, the last two men I was seeing both abruptly started seeing other women without even breaking up with me properly.  One of them, who insisted he wasn't  ready for a serious relationship actually dated someone else right after me and married her within a year! This is making me wonder if there is something seriously wrong with me. I haven't made very good decisions in the past and don't have the perfect reputation, but I feel like I have grown up since then and am ready to be taken seriously. I tried to ask these guys why they don't want a real relationship with me but they seemed to avoid my question by telling me they find me attractive, but don't want anything serious right now.  What do you think I should do about this?

Ink Disaster
                                                             image:pexels.com
My friend used to be obsessed with stationery when I was at school . Her pencil bags  looked swollen , because she carried so many pens. Of course the good side is that we never had to worry about pens if our ones ran out of ink. She was well known among teachers as well. However, one day a disaster happened. Our economics teacher had forgotten to bring her pen to class, and naturally she looked at my friend. My friend gleefully handed her pencil bag to my teacher, asking her to choose from the huge collection she carried. Our teacher put her hand inside; not bothering whichever pen comes out, as long as it was a pen . But when she took her hand out, we saw that her fingers were covered in ink! She looked dumbfounded at my friend , who frowned. The whole class had burst out into laughter by then.



No comments:

Post a Comment

If you have any doubts, please let me know.

Travel in Dhaka City: Where Life Moves on a Roller Coaster

As the twilight sparkles through the magnificent architectural glitz of the city,  Dhaka   unwraps herself from a tedious day of work ...